Museo LoPiù

Museo LoPiù
(Logo designed by Juan Carlos Cuba)

Translate

domingo, 26 de marzo de 2017

Diana Ross - Touch me in the morning

WE DON'T HAVE TOMORROW BUT WE HAD YESTERDAY

La cantante y actriz estadounidense Diana Ross cumple hoy 73 años. En 1973 consiguió su segundo número 1 en solitario con el single que contenía Touch me in the morning (Ron Miller / Michael Masser), canción que a su vez encabezó el álbum del mismo título.

Touch me in the morning  (lyrics)

Touch me in the morning
Then just walk away
We don't have tomorrow
But we had yesterday
Wasn't it me who said that nothing good's gonna last forever?
And wasn't it me who said let's just be glad for the time together?
It must have been hard to tell me
That you've worn down all you had to give
I can understand you're feeling that way
Everybody's got their life to live
Well, I can say goodbye in the cold morning light
But I can't watch love die in the warmth of the night
If I've got to be strong
Don't you know I need to have tonight when you're gone?
Till you go I need to lie here and think about
The last time that you'll touch me in the morning
Then just close the door
Leave me as you found me, empty like before
Wasn't it yesterday we used to laugh at the wind behind us?
Didn't we run away and hope that time wouldn't try to find us (Didn't we run)
Didn't we take each other to a place where no one's ever been?
Yeah, I really need you near me tonight
'Cause you'll never take me there again
Let me watch you go with the sun in my eyes
We've seen how love can grow
Now we'll see how it dies
If I've got to be strong
Don't you know I need to have tonight when you're gone?
Till you go I need to hold you until the time
Your hands reach out and touch me
In the morning (Mornings where blue and gold and we could feel one another living)
Then just walk away (We walked with a dream to hold and we could take what the world was giving)
We don't have tomorrow (There's no tomorrow here, there's only love and the time to chase it)
But we had yesterday
(But yesterday's gone my love, there's only now and it's time to face it) touch me in the morning











No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario